duffer n : an incompetent or clumsy person; "as a golfer he was only a duffer"
- Rhymes: -ʌfə(r)
- comparative of duff
Duffer may refer to:
- An italian punk rock band www.myspace.com/dufferband
- Duffers, invisible dwarfs in the Chronicles of Narnia.
- In Australian English, a cattle rustler.
- Duffer is also an English word meaning "an incompetent or clumsy person".
- Related to the above, the word has been used in Australia as a description for dags.
- In Chess terminology, a weak player.
- A brand of clothing.
- In Golf terminology, it refers to a below average player.
- Duffer- term used to describe television remote control by the Smyth family of Broughshane
arab, blockhead, blunderer, boob, bungler, butterfingers, clumsy, dimwit, dolt, dope, dub, dumbbell, foozler, foul-up, fumble-fist, goof, goofball, goofer, hawker, hick, higgler, huckster, idiot, ignoramus, incompetent, lummox, lump, monger, muff, muffer, numskull, oaf, ox, roadman, rube, slob, stumblebum, stumblebunny, vendor